In today’s society mothers are in charge of so much including hundreds of decisions per day. It’s downright exhausting to have to make all of those choices and it can lead to decision fatigue. Tune into today’s episode and learn just how you can combat that!
In This Episode:
- Tools to help simplify your decision-making
- How to avoid decision fatigue and analysis paralysis
- Parenting definitely involves physical labor, but that’s not usually what makes you the most exhausted by the end of the day. It’s decision-making that’s so tiring.
- The end goal is to spend more time with our family and with ourselves, not on the seemingly never-ending house and family tasks/decisions that need to be made.
- Find as many things that you can decide in advance and keep track of them…anything from TV shows you want to watch, to what you’re going to eat throughout the week, to podcasts you want to remember to listen to. Have somewhere that you can keep a “brain dump” of info you might forget.
- Trello is an amazing tool for keeping track of any number of projects, lists, etc. and Plate Joy is a great example of a meal planning service.
- If you’re going to delegate, delegate. Don’t hand off tasks and then micromanage them.
- Think of the things that you hate doing the most, and determine if it’s worth the money to have them outsourced. I.c. Grocery shopping, laundry, lawn care, house cleaning, etc.
- Keeping an open line of communication with your spouse and family is an essential way to cut back on stress and the number of decisions you have to make.
Where You Can Find Yvonne:
Sharing is Caring:
Did you love this episode? We would love for you to share it with a mama who might need to hear it.
Do you have questions about this episode, The Balanced Mamas, or something else? Reach out and let us know! Just fill out this form and we can start the conversation or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grab my weekly planning page!
Stop losing those pesky to-do lists, forgetting whats for dinner and finally bring some balance into your life. Grab my free weekly planning page right now!