It’s that time of year again when the Hallmark holiday geared towards romance is upon us. While I won’t judge anyone for taking part, I prefer to go beyond Valentine’s Day and show my husband how much I love him in different ways.
Yes, chocolate and flowers will always be accepted in this house. But it doesn’t really say I love you like it used too.
Sometimes surprising our spouses can be hard. Especially if yours is like mine and never misses a thing.
Unless it’s the bank account.. shh he doesn’t pay much attention to that!
So how do you go beyond valentines day tradition and show them how special they are all year?
SHOW YOUR SPOUSE YOU LOVE THEM
- Take them out for a surprise date to a special place you both love. This can be a park, restaurant or you know that awesome parking spot you guys would spend hours parked in.
- Drop the kids at Grandma’s (if you can) and make them their most favorite meal and eat it in silence together. This is like a dream come true in my house.
- Make them a cup of whatever thry like to drink, grab a blanket and cuddle on the couch together.
- Tell them how much you love them and what it is that you love so much. Everyone needs this from time to time!
- Tell them how sexy they are. This will get a lot of brownie points!
- Tell them how much they mean to you. Sometimes words are all you need to show someone your appreciation for them.
- Go on a real date without the kids. Choose 1 or 2 things to do like dinner, and a museum or a movie. This will give you that time to reconnect that we all need in our relationships.
- Take them somewhere they’ve been wanting to go. This can be a surprise baseball game or concert. Keep it light and have fun!
- Share your dreams with them on a deeper level. This can really give you time to dream together as a couple too.
- Send a surprise note in their lunch box. This can be anything from a simple “I love you” to a sexy love note.
- Surprise them with takeout and a movie for a date night in.
- Let them sleep in on the weekend.
- Show your gratitude towards them. Sometimes we forget to say thank you for the little things. Tell them how much you are grateful for them to be in your life.
- Do something they like doing but you don’t. Hello video games, let’s do it!
- Go out and look at the stars together after the kids are down for the night.
- Give them kisses and hugs when they least expect it.
- Celebrate a win together, no matter how small!
- Find a new hobby for you to do together.
- Arrange an outing just for them. This can be something they love doing like golf!
- Pay attention and compliment them on things they typically don’t feel confident about.
It doesn’t take a whole lot to show your spouse you love him all year long. But it shouldn’t be something we only do on Valentine’s Day, ya know?
Just taking the time to notice what they’re doing, the things they’re accomplishing and the things they are about can take you a long ways.
Never stop dating your spouse! Keeping that love alive can take some work, but it’s so much fun if you just take the time and put thought into it.
So how do you like to show your spouse you love him on a regular basis?
Are you stressed mama?
Get a weekly email straight to your inbox full of inspiration + a free printable to encourage you on your journey through motherhood.