It’s so important these days to make meaningful contact with others around you. It’s so easy to zone out on your digital devices and never actually see anyone face to face unless you need to anymore. Learn why Kate from Craft A Community is so passionate about building friendships and cultivating relationships and helping others do the same.
In This Episode:
- How to take action and actually start building intentional relationships
- “Friendship Pyramids” and how people move their way up
- How craft kits can take off some of the pressure of the beginning stages of friendships
- Friendship pyramid: a lot of acquaintances at the bottom, some closer friendships in the middle, and your heart tribe at the top. You never know who might work their way up the pyramid.
- The secret to making friends is trying to make friends. Ask people about themselves and try to connect in whatever way works.
- Being friendly and outgoing isn’t just about your personality; it takes practice and intentionality to cultivate those skills.
- People need time to build trust before they can start building trust and moving up the pyramid together.
- Everyone has a degree of fear when it comes to vulnerability and being the first one to step out; YOU can be the person who initiates this, invites people into your home, and offers a safe, welcoming place to foster community.
- You have to put in the time and the effort in order to reap the benefits of true, raw friendship.
- Craft kits are something that can help take off the pressure of those early, sometimes awkward stages of new friendships. When you have something to do with your hands, you have a common denominator to talk about and laugh about and enjoy together.
Where You Can Find Kate:
Sharing is Caring:
Did you love this episode? We would love for you to share it with a mama who might need to hear it.
Do you have questions about this episode, The Balanced Mamas, or something else? Reach out and let us know! Just fill out this form and we can start the conversation or email me at email@example.com
Affirmations for Motherhood
Breathe life into your journey through motherhood with these affirmations.