There are days as a mom that it’s downright tough to face. From giving birth, juggling schedules, children that may be sick and needy, cleaning up spills and folding what feels like thousands of clothes, cultivating a relationship with your spouse… there are hard days as moms.
Those days may feel like a mountain you’ll never reach the top of.
In This Episode:
- Getting through the hards days as a mom
- Pick out the positive things and focus on gratitude
- You can do hard things!
- Journaling can be a stress reliever.
- You can’t do it all but you can do all of the things you want to do. As long as you are passionate about them and you put them on your list of priorities it can be done.
- We all have hard days and getting through those hard days can feel daunting but we can do it because we are strong women and strong moms.
- You have to allow yourself to breathe and stop focusing on what is right in front of you like the loads of laundry or dishes.
- Recognize that you are having a hard day and choose to move ahead anyway.
- Love your role as a mom and embrace it.Stop focusing on the crud in your day.
- Write down the things that you have done that are hard and remember those on the days that you are just having a tough day.
- If you’re not growing you’re dying. With growth comes pain and we have to work through those hard and painful days to grow as an individual and a mom.
- It’s okay to sit down and cry but before you get up and move on finding something beautiful in your life.
- “Be patient with yourself. Give yourself grace, but don’t give yourself excuses.” Sarah Prince
On the days that its hard just remember that no matter how many peanut butter sandwiches you make, spills you clean up or loads of laundry you have your children love you to the ends of the earth. They won’t remember the time that you locked yourself in the bathroom crying because you felt like that mountain was too big. They won’t remember the burned dinner or getting places late. As long as you are taking care of yourself and giving your children what they need they won’t remember those days being tough.
Where You Can Find Sarah:
Sharing is Caring:
Did you love this episode? We would love for you to share it with a mama who might need to hear it. Do you have questions about this episode, The Balanced Mamas, or something else? Reach out and let us know! Just fill out this form and we can start the conversation or email me at email@example.com.
Ditching the You Shoulds to Live in the Moment
Pin It For Later!
Are you stressed mama?
Get a weekly email straight to your inbox full of inspiration + a free printable to encourage you on your journey through motherhood.