The things we put in and on our bodies are filled with toxins. Learn how to live a healthier lifestyle and eliminate toxins from your home. Bri from Hippie Dippie Mom joins me this week to talk about the danger lurking in our makeup and soaps. She also freely explains how to get away from those toxic choices and choose healthier options.
In This Episode:
- How to check the toxicity of the cleaning products you’re using
- How skincare products affect the rest of your body…and your babies!
- What to look for in the groceries you buy and why it matters
- How to begin the switch to a non-toxic lifestyle
- A great place to check out your cleaning products and how toxic or non-toxic they are is ewg.org
- The word “fragrance” is the #1 word you want to avoid when looking at your product ingredients.
- “…our skin is our largest organ, so whatever we’re putting on it, it’s absorbing into our body eventually.”
- The products we use in and on our bodies can be transferred to babies while you’re pregnant. Studies have shown that there are over 200 chemicals found in cord blood that the babies absorbed in utero!
- When it comes to food, always look for organic! Pesticides, herbicides, etc. are used on conventionally grown produced and are extremely dangerous.
- Your gut is like your second brain; if your gut isn’t doing well, the rest of your body won’t be doing well either.
- Organic food are often more expensive, but always so much more beneficial.
- Myth: “Your health is genetic, there’s nothing you can do about it.” This is not true!
- Start with baby steps; don’t try to change everything at once. When you do, you often get so overwhelmed that you end up back at square one.
Where You Can Find Bri:
Sharing is Caring:
Did you love this episode? We would love for you to share it with a mama who might need to hear it.
Do you have questions about this episode, The Balanced Mamas, or something else? Reach out and let us know! Just fill out this form and we can start the conversation or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.