Raising children in today’s world can be a daunting task when you see the media, other parents around you or dare to watch movies.
You see no matter where you turn someone is trying to tell you how to raise your child.
Now if you’re special enough to have highly sensitive children then you may face extra obstacles.
Highly sensitive children are amazing. I know because I have one possibly two and I am a highly sensitive person as well.
You see they are super special little beings and we as their parents have to prepare them for the world. That big scary place that can rob them of their innocence in a matter of minutes.
This blog post contains affiliate links. I only recommend things I believe in and love. Learn more.
In This Episode:
- Being misunderstood as a highly sensitive person and how we can combat that in today’s world.
- How with the help of Corinne’s I have been able to identify and relate to my children better.
- What it means to be highly sensitive.
- Corinne details what it’s like to be a mom of a highly sensitive child.
- How she’s raising her children to embrace their highly sensitive nature.
- Making hard choices in the face of friends or children.
- How to prepare your kids when they are highly sensitive to letdowns.
- Are they overreacting or is it true sensitivity?
- Elevate You.
- The Highly Sensitive Person
- What Exactly Is A Highly Sensitive Child?
- How Being A Highly Sensitive Person Has Affected Me As A Mom
- That no matter how much you prepare them there is only so much you can do.
- Highly sensitive children need a little extra help when it comes to understanding their feelings.
- You children and even you as a highly sensitive person might feel like you’re misunderstood.
- Things to look for with highly sensitive people (this is not all-encompassing): Sensitivity to noise, light, smells, cry easily, they may be perfectionists, notice others pain. For others be sure to read Corinne’s post.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going:
Corinne helps parents understand their children on a deeper level which will help ultimately connect and relate to their them better. She empowers parents to stop second-guessing themselves and dig in.
Where You Can Find Corinne:
We love for you to share it with a mama who might need to hear it. Do you have questions about this episode, The Balanced Mamas, or something else? Reach out and let us know! Just fill out this form and we can start the conversation or email me at email@example.com.