Hey, Mama, are you exhausted? Do you feel like you’re running on a hamster wheel of stress, frustration and never-ending to-do lists in the mornings? Are you lacking a solid morning routine?
Having a morning routine can change the way you operate throughout your day. It could be just the thing you need to let go of that morning stress for good and get you and your kids on the right track.
It wasn’t so long ago that I was yelling at my oldest daughter to get her shoes on. I remember promptly telling her that I wouldn’t ask again and the next time I had to tell her (which would have been around the 10th time) she would regret it. I was at the end of my rope. I had this feeling in my gut that something had to change because this constant nagging and yelling wasn’t working anymore.
Have you ever had that feeling? I was late for work for the 3rd day in a row and I had to take my child to school again because she missed her bus.
This blog post contains affiliate links. I only recommend things I believe in and love. Learn more.
My morning routine would start off fairly stress-free and end in a rushed screaming match.
It went something like this:
- I would wake at 6 am and make coffee. On my way back to my bedroom with my magical brew, I would flip on my daughter’s bedroom light and shake her awake.
- I would then bounce into the baby’s room and grab her. I’d nurse her while putting on makeup and drinking my coffee.
- After about 15 minutes I would get up and go check in on the oldest again. By this time she is usually sitting up in her bed but not moving.
At this point is when I would start getting frustrated and the constant nagging would begin. She literally moves like a sloth in the mornings. Getting clothes on, brushing hair and teeth, finding shoes… you name it. It would take her over an hour to complete 5 tasks that should take 20 minutes.
This was getting to me and I couldn’t handle the disorganized mornings anymore. I would end up yelling and that was the last thing I wanted to do.
Decision To Change
That’s when I went in search of a course I had heard about that had been receiving rave reviews. It’s by Crystal Paine of Money Saving Mom. She created an online course called Make Over Your Mornings.
She stresses that this course isn’t meant to be about getting up super early. It’s about optimizing your mornings to make them work for you.
Through this online course, I have learned how to set a morning routine that works for us. That includes:
- Determining why I wanted to change my mornings
- Dedicating time the night before to set me up for success
- Determining what my non-negotiable to-do’s are and only doing what was important
- Giving myself an incentive to get up and commit to my routine
- Determining priorities and goals and breaking them down into manageable tasks
- Asking to be held accountable
- Creating a to-do list that worked and wasn’t filled with nonsense busy work
And honestly so much more!
I never thought I would have a stress free morning after I had kids. I had longed for the days of quiet mornings where I could wake up and only get myself ready.
I’m happy to say that the days I had been longing for before I had kids have returned to my life. Not only do I get to enjoy my mornings and start them off stress-free but I get to enjoy them with my daughters.
Within her online course, you will get short videos to watch that give you actionable steps. There is a course workbook that you can work through along with the videos. There are so many great resources included and the best part is you can complete these lessons in as little as 15 minutes per day!
Make the leap today and Make Over Your Mornings. You could even be crazy like me and grab Make Over Your Evenings…
I know I’m all about over-achieving and for $17 you seriously cannot go wrong!