Being a working mom during the summer can be challenging when you are working from home with kids. In order for us to make the most of summer, be present for our kids and still get work done we have to be creative at times.
In This Episode:
- Being productive and getting stuff done
- How to find your peak productivity and make the most of it
- Why working playdates are so important
- Prioritizing our time becomes so much harder and more important once we have kids.
- Being efficient = time management + productivity + staying on task. The three have to work together.
- Batching work that’s similar helps you streamline your work process. Changing your brain from one task to a completely different task is much harder.
- Do your hardest work during your most productive period of the day (which is different from person to person). Don’t aim to get a bunch of small, easy tasks completed during that time; knock out the biggest, hardest thing first.
- If you don’t know when your peak productivity is, try taking away any meetings from your calendar for two days straight and see what time of day you naturally hit your groove.
- Are you consciously using the fringe of your time to your advantage? If you have five minutes to spare, what items can you check off your list in those five minutes?
- Taking 10-15 minutes at night to plan the next day can set you up for success and help you hit your groove faster.
- Working playdates: find a mom with a child around the same age as yours so the adults can work and the kids can have a playmate.
Where You Can Find Suzanne:
Sharing is Caring:
Did you love this episode? We would love for you to share it with a mama who might need to hear it.
Do you have questions about this episode, The Balanced Mamas, or something else? Reach out and let us know! Just fill out this form and we can start the conversation or email me at email@example.com.
Grab my weekly planning page!
Stop losing those pesky to-do lists, forgetting whats for dinner and finally bring some balance into your life. Grab my free weekly planning page right now!