Managing your home has its challenges. Add in 4 boys and it can be even more challenging.
Yael is the mother of 4 boys, lives in Israel and manages her home with ease. She admits to having her challenges but she is absolutely in love with having all of these kids running around.
Her kids are involved in the home and help her and her husband so her household runs smoother.
With the homes in Israel being much smaller she’s had to figure out how to manage her home efficiently.
This blog post contains affiliate links. I only recommend things I believe in and love. Learn more.
In This Episode:
- Yael talks about having less space helps her to keep a cleaner home.
- In Israel, they celebrate Sabbath every week. During Sabbath, they don’t cook, clean, drive or work at all.
- She has gotten very efficient with preparing ahead of time.
- Planning is key. Being prepared and having a plan is how she keeps the chaos at bay.
- Meal plan religiously and shop early in the week so you know what is left in the budget.
- Prep in advance! If you have the time to prep early in the day like prepping that night’s dinner then do the quick task early on.
- Make a laundry system that works for you. Yael likes to do all of the washing and drying on two days then folding on another day.
- Make a list of priorities so you know what needs your attention all week.
- Trello for Family
- How To Be A Productive Mom At Home And Get The Things Done That Matter
- Planning is really important. Get your calendar out and figure out what needs your time and attention that day.
- Get your house in order so when it’s time to rest at night you don’t have so much to think about.
- 15-minute speed cleaning sessions can be helpful when it comes to relaxing at the end of the day.
- Make systems for each thing in your house to make it work for you. For instance, the laundry, meal planning, and prep, etc.
- Break everything down into small steps so you know what you’re doing and when you’re doing so you are more productive in the moments that you really need it.
Where You Can Find Yael:
Sharing is Caring:
Did you love this episode? We would love for you to share it with a mama who might need to hear it.
Do you have questions about this episode, The Balanced Mamas, or something else? Reach out and let us know! Just fill out this form and we can start the conversation or email me at email@example.com.