You’ve just had a baby and now you’re feeling stuck in your home. You may even feel like the walls are closing in on you.
This week I’m talking to a friend of mine about her journey of learning to cope with postpartum PTSD due to birth trauma.
On her journey to becoming a mom, she nearly died. She was scared for what felt like life after experiencing such a terrible birth experience.
No mom to be should experience what so many like Monica experienced when they check into the hospital thinking it was just like any other day.
In this episode:
Monica and I walk through her journey with Postpartum PTSD and how she learned to cope with it. Now she’s pregnant with her second child and gearing up to have a much different birth experience.
- Monica’s birth story
- 7 Hidden Truths About Postpartum PTSD I Want Everyone to Know
- Postpartum Support International
- Postpartum Progress
- What is Birth Trauma?
- If you’re feeling hopeless and depressed after having a baby reach out to someone. It doesn’t matter who it is in the beginning, but just reach out and talk about your experience.
- There are organizations for Postpartum PTSD as well as Postpartum Depression.
- Every birth experience is different but that doesn’t mean yours isn’t important. You must advocate for yourself!
Let’s keep the conversation going:
Monica Froese is a mom, wife, and business strategist for mom entrepreneurs. She has an MBA degree in finance and marketing and blogs at Redefining Mom, a site for helping moms build thriving online businesses. In 2015, she traveled to the White House to discuss family-friendly workplace policies with the President’s senior advisors and has been featured on several media outlets including Fox News, Scary Mommy, Healthline, and Mom Talk Radio. With her tactical approach to balancing family and online business, she helps moms build successful businesses and change their lives at the same time.
Where you can find Monica:
- Redefining Mom
- Redefining Mom on Instagram
- Redefining Mom on Facebook
- Redefining Mom on Pinterest
- Redefining Mom on YouTube
- Monica has so graciously provided her goal planner for blogging moms! Sign up for that right here. It’s FREE!
Jump into my Facebook Community to talk to other mamas just like you about this episode.
Sharing is Caring
Did you love this episode? We would love for you to share it with a mama who might need to hear it.
Do you have questions about this episode, The Balanced Mamas, or something else? Reach out and let us know! Just fill out this form and we can start the conversation or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmations for Motherhood
Breathe life into your journey through motherhood with these affirmations.