Saving money at the grocery store doesn’t have to be rocket science. Throughout the years I’ve struggled with a yo-yo grocery budget. It seems to change as the seasons change but one thing has always stayed constant- my savings apps. I use them as a guide for my meal plan and grocery list. Then I shop around the outer edge of the store, only darting within the depths of each aisle for little things here and there.
This blog post contains affiliate links. I only recommend things I believe in and love. Learn more.
Several years ago I kept seeing an ad following me around the web for this app called Ibotta. I decided to download it one day and try it out. I used it for several months then one day I seemed to forget about it. With the changes in phones, phone carriers and new email addresses I lost sight of the app and I stopped using it. It didn’t come back into my view until I decided to do major surgery on my budget.
Then I downloaded various grocery savings apps and Ibotta has stolen my heart. I have over 50 team members that I save money with every single week. As I used the app I started noticing these awesome features so I thought I would share those with you so you can save even more!
GROCERY STORE TIPS TO SAVE MORE
- You can redeem rewards up to 7 days later. Don’t throw your grocery receipt away just yet! If you shop at a store that doesn’t require you to scan a QR code like Walmart does then you can save money up to a week later!
- Earn rewards on Kellogg’s! Earn special rewards on Kellogg’s products through the Ibotta app. When you see the Kellogg’s Family Rewards tile on the Ibotta app just click it to get enrolled with Kellogg’s and you will see offers in your app that you didn’t see before.
- 1 click unlock is here! If you were anything like me when I first started using Ibotta for saving money I didn’t like having to watch videos to unlock my deals. I would often click the video and mute my device so I didn’t have to listen to it. Well no more! You can now unlock deals with one click.
- Earn more with teams. Join my team of over 50 people and start saving money as a team. The more you and your team redeem the more rewards you will earn.
- Earn money with your loyalty card. Yes you read that right. If you shop at a store that requires a loyalty card then you can link your Ibotta app to your loyalty card and the rest is history. Start by linking your card. Clip rewards at least 24 hours before you shop, provide your loyalty card or phone number at checkout and that’s it. Your rewards will be credited to your Ibotta balance as normal.
- Save money on meat and dairy purchases each week. While meat rewards are hit or miss they usually stick around for a while when they are rolled out. There have been weeks that I clipped the same reward week after week for meat because it’s something we use all the time.
- Don’t forget about produce. This is a no brainer! I consistently buy produce every week. I can usually count on a reward for bananas, peppers and onions which are all things I buy regularly.
- You can now save money on more than just groceries with Ibotta. Stores you find in the mall and craft stores and even Best Buy are a now featured. Make sure to check the app before you head out to be sure you aren’t missing any great deals! There are even the occasional restaurant savings.
- Start saving money online. Online retailers like Ebay, Groupon, Jet & Boxed all offer savings through the app now. You can earn up to 10% back on purchases through Groupon. Depending on what you’re buying that could really add up!
So is the Ibotta app worth it? I think so and I use it every week. I earn rewards on grocery items, diapers & wipes, cleaning products and so much more every week. I always keep my receipts just in case a deal rolls out within the week after my purchase so I can snag it. You would be surprised just how quickly a dollar here and a dollar there can add up. Pair your routine grocery trips with teamwork and bonus rewards and you can really earn cash quickly. You can cash it in for cash of course or with gift cards. Don’t forget to download my meal planning toolkit so you can be prepared when you head to the store.
Plan Your Meals With Ease.
Meal planning doesn't need to be overwhelming. Grab these free printables and makeover your meal planning routine.